I have been working on AAR non-stop since 2002. Below are some of the salient information regarding this activity.
Saouma, V.E. (2013) Numerical Modeling of AAR, 320 pages, Taylor Francis
- Hariri-Ardebili, M., and Saouma, V. (2018) Sensitivity and uncertainty analysis of AAR affected reinforced concrete shear walls Engineering Structures, Vol. 172, pp. 334-345
- Liaudata, J. and Carol, I. and Lopez, C. and Saouma, V. (2018) ASR Expansions in Concrete under Triaxial Confinement Cement and Concrete Composites, Feb., pp 160-170
- Saouma, V. and Hariri-Ardebili, and Merz, C. (2018) Risk-Informed Condition Assessment of a Bridge with Alkali Aggregate Reaction, ACI Structures Journal, Vol. 115, pp. 475-487.
- Saouma, V. and Hariri-Ardebili, M. and Le Pape Y. and Balaji, R. (2016)Effect of Alkali-Silica Reaction on the Shear Strength of Reinforced Concrete Structural Members. A Numerical and Statistical Study, Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 310, pp. 295-310.
- Na, O., and Xi, Y., and Ou, E. and Saouma, V. (2015)The Effects of Alkali-Silica Reaction on Mechanical Properties of Concrete with Three Different Types of Reactive Aggregates, Structural Concrete Vol. 17, pp. 74-83
- Saouma, V.E. and Martin, R. and Hariri-Ardebili, M. and Katayama, T.(2015)A Mathematical Model for the Kinetics of the Alkali Silica Chemical Reaction, Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 68, pp. 184-195
- Saouma, V. and Hariri-Ardebili, M. (2014)A Proposed Aging Management Program for Alkali Silica Reactions in a Nuclear Power Plant, Nuclear Engineering and Structural Design, Vol 277, pp. 248-264.
- Puatatsananon, W., Saouma, V.(2013)Chemo-Mechanical Micro Model for Alkali-Silica ReactionACI Materials Journal, Vol. 110, No. 1, pp 67-78
- Saouma, V., Perotti, L., Shimpo, T. Stress Analysis of Concrete Structures Subjected to Alkali Aggregate Reactions, American Concrete Institute Structural Journal, Vol. 104, No. 5, pp. 532-541, September-October, 2007.
- Saouma, V. Perotti, L., (2006) Constitutive Model for Alkali Aggregate Reactions, American Concrete Institute, Materials Journal, Vol. 103, No. 3, pp. 194-202.
Submitted or in preparation
- Saouma, V. and Hariri-Ardebili, M. Nonlinear Probabilistic Seismic Analysis of an AAR Affected Nuclear Containment Vessel Structure (90% complete)
- Saouma, V. and Hariri-Ardebili, M. Experimental and numerical investigation of alkali silica reaction in nuclear reactors (85% complete)
- Hariri-Ardebili, M. and Saouma, V. and LePape, Y. A Probabilistic Framework to Predict the Alkali Silica Reaction from Accelerated Large Scale Experiment (80% complete)
- Saouma, V. and Hariri-Ardebili, M., and Salamon, J. Stochastic analysis of structures affected by AAR (70% complete)
- Saouma, V. and Katayama, T. and Hariri-Ardebili, M. Numerical and petrographic assessment of future concrete expansion due to AAR (40% complete)
- Saouma, V. (2017) Experimental and Numerical Investigation of Alkali Silica Reaction in Nuclear Reactor, Final (public) Report to the NRC, Grant No. NRC-HQ-60-14-G-0010.
- Saouma, V., Hariri-Ardebili, Puatatsananon, W., and Le Pape, Y. (2015)Preliminary Results on the Alkali-Silica Reaction in Massive Reinforced Concrete Structures: Numerical Simulations of Coupled Moisture Transport and Heat Transfer and Structural Significance of Internal Expansion, Report ORNL/TM-2014/489
- Saouma, V., Hariri-Ardebili, M., and Le Pape, Y. (2015)Effect of Alkali-Silica Reaction on Shear Strength of Reinforced Concrete Structural Members, Report ORNL/TM-2015/588
- Hariri-Ardebili, M., Saouma, V., LePape, Y. (2016) Independent Modelling of the Alkali-Silica Reaction: Mock-up Test Block, Report ORNL/TM-2016/537
- Graves, H., Le Pape, Y., Naus, D., Rashid, J., Saouma, V., Sheikh, A., Wall, J. (2013) Expanded Material Degradation Assessment (EMDA), Volume 4: Aging of Concrete, Technical Report NUREG/CR7153, Vol. 4; ORNL/TM-2013/532}
- Graf, D. (2017) Environmental And Reinforcement Effects On Concrete Expansion Undergoing Accelerated Alkali Silica Reaction, M.S. Thesis
- Sparks, R. (2016) The Alkali-Silica Reaction: A Study Of Reactive Aggregates And Production Of Expansive Concrete Specimens, M.S. Thesis.
- U.S. Bureau of Reclamation 2018-2021 Long Term Assessment of Dams Suffering from Alkali Aggregate Reaction; A Holistic Approach
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory 2016 Independent Modelling of the Alkali-Silica Reaction Mock-Up Test Block
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 2014-2017, Experimental and Numerical Investigation of Alkali-Silica Reactors
- Electric Power Research Institute, 2016, Report on Numerical Modelling of Nuclear Structures
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 2015, Alkali-Silica Reaction in Nuclear Power Plants
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 2014, Alkali-Silica Reaction in Nuclear Power Plants
- Progress Energy (Subcontractor) 2010 Unconventional Fracture Tests for Crystal River Project
- Tokyo Electric Power Service Company (TEPCO), 2001-2009, 3D Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis of Dams; Software Development and Technical Support.
- Tokyo Electric Power Service Company (TEPCO), 2009-2019, AAR Expansion in Concrete under Triaxial Confinement.
- Tokyo Electric Power Service Company (TEPCO), 2006-200707 Nonlinear Simulation of an AAR Affected High Voltage Transmission Tower Subjected to Strong Earthquake
- Swiss Federal Office of Dam Safety, 2002-2004, Numerical Investigation of Alkali-Aggregate Reactions in Dams,
AAR Short Courses
- Paris, October 2009.
- Boulder, CO, April 2007
- April 2005