Group: Building Systems Engineering
Office: ECCE 246A
- BS (Applied Mathematics, Engineering, and Physics), University of Wisconsin—Madison, 1976
- MS (Engineering), University of Wisconsin—Madison, 1977
- PhD (Mechanical Engineering), University of Wisconsin—Madison, 1982
Honors and Distinctions:
- ASHRAE Distinguished Service Award, 2007.
- 2005 and 2002 Solar Decathlon, First Place (Faculty Advisor)
- Subaru Educator Spotlight Award, 2003.
- Sullivan-Carlson Innovation in Teaching Award, 2001
- Outstanding Paper of the Year, ASEE Division of Experimentation and Lab-Oriented Studies, 1997
- ASHRAE Technology Award, Category I: Commercial Buildings, 1997.
- Three U.S. Patents.
- Professional Engineer.
- International Building Performance Simulation Association (IBPSA)
- Energy issues in buildings: energy efficiency, renewable energy, smart building systems, optimal design and operation, sustainable design