Group: Hydrology, Water Resources and Environmental Fluid Mechanics
Office: ECOT 646
- Tech. Indian Itstitute of Technology, Madras, 1985
- M.S. University of Iowa, 1987
- Sc.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1991
Honors and Distinctions:
- Institute Bronze, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (in recognition of outstanding performances on the Institute Track and Field team), 1985
- International Student Scholarship, University of Iowa (1985-1987) (awarded upon recommendation of the Dean of the College of Engineering to a single entering international graduate student each year)
- Department Teaching Award, Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, April 1995
- Early Faculty Career Development (CAREER) Award, National Science Foundation, Hydrologic Sciences Program, 1998.
- Editor\’s Citation for Excellence in Refereeing, American Geophysical Union, cited by Dr. Samuel Colbeck, Editor, Water Resources Research, 1998.
- Charles Hutchinson Memorial College of Engineering Teaching Award, University of Colorado, Boulder, 1999.
- Department Service Award, Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, April 2001
- Outstanding Professor Award, Chi Epsilon Honor Society, Department of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, April 2001
- American Geophysical Union
- Fluid Mechanics and Transport Phenomena in Environmental and Geological Systems
- Stochastic Theories of Flow and Transport in Disordered Media
- Coupled Processes, Self-Organization and Pattern Formation in Reaction-Transport Systems